With this tutorial I am going to show you a way to draw a simple Christmas holly like this one using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Start by creating a new document (size doesn’t really matters)
2. Select the Pen tool set your color to green and draw a shape like this one (for this tutorial I had the “Shape Layers” option selected .
3. Select the Ellipse Tool
You should also select the “Subtract from Shape Area” option
4. Draw a circle like on the next screenshot.
You should get something like this.
5. Repeat step four a few more times on both sides of our original leaf shape until you get something like this.
6. Rasterize the leaf shape and apply a gradient overlay style with the settings shown below.
I also drew a black line at the middle of the leaf and here is my final Christmas holly leaf
7. I duplicated my layer two times and then free tranformed (Edit-> Free transform) the two new layers in order to position them like this.
8. Then select the Ellipse Tool again, set the color to red and draw a perfect circle (hold Shift while drawing).
9. Apply a Gradient Overlay and a Stroke style on the new layer using the settings shown below.
You should get something like this
10. Finally, duplicate this layer a few times and then move the duplicate layers anyway you like to get the result you want. Here is my final result.