With this tutorial I am going to show you how to design a simple web layout using Photoshop like the one bellow.
1. Let’s start by creating a new document. I created a document with a size of 1024*768.
2. Now fill the background with a dull color. I used #545964
3. The next step is to select the Rounded Rectangle Tool and set the Radius to 40 pixels in order to draw the main body of our layout. (I like rounded corners and that is the reason I am using the Rounded Rectangle Tool, you can also use the Rectangle tool if you like). Draw a white rounded rectangle that is 700 pixels wide and has a height of 600 pixels. You can specify the width and height under the Rounded Rectangle Options
Place the Rounded Rectangle in the middle of your document and you should now have something like this.
Now we are going to add a reflection to the rounded Rectangle that is so Web2.
4. Duplicate the Rounded Rectangle layer by pressing Ctrl+J (or Layer->Duplicate Layer)
5. Select the move tool and drag the duplicate layer below the original
7. Select the duplicate layer and add a Mask by clicking at this icon at the bottom of the Layers Palette.