This tutorial is going to show you a way to create simple seamless patterns using adobe Photoshop. Seamless patterns are very useful as design elements and especially for web design.
Here is an example.
1) Create a new document 200*200 pixels with a white background
2) Add two guides, one at 100 pixels horizontally and one at 100 pixels vertically.
3) Add a new layer (Ctrl-N) and draw or insert the shape from which you want to create the pattern. For this tutorial I am going to use this Shield shape.
4) Duplicate the layer (Ctrl-J) and go to “Filter” -> “Other” -> “Offset” and use these settings
5) Flatten the image (You can colorise it if you like) and go to “Edit” -> Define Pattern. Give your pattern a name, hit OK and you are all done.
Here is my final result.
If you liked this tutorial check out my other Adobe Photoshop Tutorials